Terms & Conditions
Coaching Definition: Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree to the following as a trainee or graduate of Youth Coaching Institute, LLC (YCI):
- I understand that the coach training course in which I have enrolled is designed to teach trainees about the coaching approach and how to successfully apply the coaching approach.
- I understand that I will be learning about and developing coaching skills under the supervision of a trained and certified coach facilitator.
- I understand coaching is not therapy or consulting. I understand my coach training does not in any way certify me to practice therapy or consulting.
- I understand although coaching may be applied in private practice, it is up to me to determine how I use my new skillset. I understand I am responsible for my own outcomes and success as a coach.
SPECIAL COMMITMENT CLAUSE
- I, the undersigned, do hereby understand that Youth Coaching Institute, LLC exists to bring coaching interventions to underserved populations of at-risk and high-risk youth and young adults.
- I understand that as a YCI trainee and certified coach I agree to coach a minimum of one at-risk or high-risk client at a severe sliding scale or pro-bono rate on a need basis, each year my coach certification is active and in good standing.
- I understand this is my contribution to help YCI fill a mentoring gap through science-based coaching for our underserved populations of at-risk and high-risk youth and young adults.
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID OR EQUIVALANT
- I understand as a YCI trainee, I am strongly encouraged to take a Mental Health First Aid course (or equivalent if not available in my area).
- I understand the registration fee is non-refundable.
- I understand that I can cancel or withdraw participation at any time prior to class start date for a full refund of paid tuition beyond the non-refundable registration fee.
- I understand that I can cancel within 7 days following class start date for a pro-rated refund of paid tuition beyond the non-refundable registration fee.
- I understand that if I cancel or withdraw from training more than 7 days following class start date that I am not entitled to any refund or any reductions in tuition owed, as I must cover the cost of the lost seat.
- I understand the course may be cancelled up to a day prior to the training start date due to low enrollment. In the event the class wherein I am enrolled is cancelled by Youth Coaching Institute, LLC, I will be refunded all tuition paid up to the cancellation date, including my registration fee. I will also have the option of applying my registration fee to reserve a slot in the next scheduled cohort.
ATTENDANCE THROUGH STAGE 3
- I understand in order to receive full credit for this course I must be present live via conference call for 80% of classes (16 of 20 classes).
- I understand that I am responsible to listen back to the class recording for the missed class and submit a recap quiz for make-up credit within two weeks of the absence.
- I understand that missing more than the six allowable absences is an automatic forfeiture of my trainee slot and will result in withdrawal from the current course without refund. I will be provided documented confirmation of hours completed prior to withdrawal or removal upon request to the Director of Education.
- I understand in the case of documented emergencies or illnesses resulting in absences beyond my control, a review meeting may be scheduled with the Director of Education for a discretionary decision regarding training and tuition including consideration for a transfer of credit to an upcoming training cohort of the same program.
Stage 4 Group Mentor Coaching Agreement
Mentor coaching definition: According to the ICF, “mentor coaching means an applicant being coached on their coaching skills rather than coaching on practice building, life balance, or other topics unrelated to the development of an applicant’s coaching skill.”
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree to the following as a trainee or graduate of Youth Coaching Institute, LLC (YCI):
- I understand the mentor coaching stage of training is a group mentor coaching program that includes ten hours of mentor coaching with an ICF-credentialed coach.
- I understand seven of these hours are completed in a virtual group setting and three are completed in prescheduled one-on-one sessions with my assigned facilitator.
MENTOR COACHING ATTENDANCE
- I understand in order to receive full credit for mentor coaching hours, I must be present live for all ten hours.
- I understand in the case of documented emergencies resulting in absences beyond my control, a review meeting may be scheduled with the facilitator and/or founder for a discretionary decision regarding making up mentor coaching hours.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CLASS RECORDINGS
- I understand that I am not allowed to share the online meeting access information or pass code with anyone outside of the enrolled and participating class.
- I understand all training calls are recorded and available to enrolled class members only.
- I understand I am not allowed to share such recorded training calls with anyone who is not enrolled and participating in the class.
- I understand all recordings are the intellectual property of YCI.
- I understand that as a trainee in any/all coach training programs with YCI, I will be an active participant in coaching scenarios and an observer of others in similar situations. The objective of this training program is to train individuals in coaching foundations, develop and hone coaching skills, and demonstrate competency for proficient practice.
- I understand that the coaching scenarios to which trainees will be exposed are strictly confidential.
- I understand I must maintain strict confidentiality regarding any coaching taking place during training and practice.
- I understand failure to maintain confidentiality may result in unwarranted and unfair defamation of character of trainees. This could cause irreparable harm to myself and my colleagues; and would seriously impair the effectiveness of this practice-based training program.
- While I am free to discuss in general terms the technical and behavioral skills acquired and maintained during training with YCI, I am required to maintain strict confidentiality regarding the specific scenarios to which I am both directly and indirectly exposed. The development of organic coaching scenarios is extremely sensitive to the openness and cooperation of trainees and any breach of confidentiality by trainees would compromise the effectiveness of this type of training. The bottom line: All that happens in coach training stays in coach training.
I hereby agree to address any grievance(s) with my facilitator. Should my facilitator be unable to resolve my issue I agree to address my grievance(s) with the Founder, Leah B. Mazzola. Should I believe outside assistant is necessary to resolve my issue, I agree to split the cost of an impartial third party mediator as a last resort.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
I EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ME FOR:
(A) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY ME, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY PERSONAL INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
(B) SOME JURISDICTIONS AND STATES PRECLUDE LIMIT OF LIABILITY CLAUSES. IN THE EVENT DAMAGES ARE ASSESSED, THE LIMIT OF LIABILITY FOR Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF THIS CONTRACT – The Documented Amount of My Paid Tuition – TO THE LICENSEE OR THIRD PARTY.
(C) I UNDERSTAND I AM ALWAYS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN ACTIONS. I ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RELATION TO A COACHING OR TRAINING SESSION AS WELL AS ALL OUTCOMES AND RESULTS.
(D) IN THE EVENT THAT I DIVULGE INFORMATION THAT THE FACILITATOR DETERMINES INDICATES THAT I AM AT RISK TO MYSELF OR OTHERS, I UNDERSTAND THE FACILITATOR IS LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE TO NOTIFY THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES.
THE LIMITATIONS ON Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors IS NEGLIGENT OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
ADDITIONAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I hereby release Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors of any and all liability associated with coach training, continuing education, promotional activities, or related activities.
- I understand YCI owns commercial intellectual property rights to all training materials produced, developed, and made available to trainees through YCI coach training programs.
- I understand all YCI coach training materials including, but not limited to; PowerPoint presentations, recorded webinars, handouts, etc., made available to me as a trainee of YCI programs, are intended to train me, the registered, agreed trainee in coaching practices only.
- I understand I am not authorized to share these training materials with others outside of my YCI coach training class, nor am I authorized to use YCI coach training materials to train others for my own purposes.
- I understand participation in any of YCI coach training programs or activities may involve audio and/or video recording for promotional, broadcast, or sales purposes. By participating in any of YCI’s coach training programs or other activities, I consent to recording and release, publication, or reproduction of said recordings. I release Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors from any liability associated with such recording, use, and release of this material. I waive all rights to the material. I also waive any claims for payment in relation to said materials.
- I understand in all cases, utmost care will be taken to protect my confidentiality. My name and contact information are strictly confidential and will not be used in connection with any such materials or recordings.
Youth Coaching Institute, LLC does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by Youth Coaching Institute, LLC directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which Youth Coaching Institute, LLC arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
Collection of your Personal Information
In order to better provide you with products and services offered, YCI may collect personally identifiable information, such as your:
– First and Last Name
– Mailing Address
– E-mail Address
– Phone Number
We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us. However, you may be required to provide certain personal information to us when you elect to use certain products or services. These may include: (a) registering for an account; (b) sending us an email message; (c) submitting your credit card or other payment information when ordering and purchasing products and services. We will use your information for, but not limited to, communicating with you in relation to services and/or products you have requested from us. We also may gather additional personal or non-personal information in the future.
Use of your Personal Information
YCI collects and uses your personal information to operate and deliver the services you have requested.
YCI may also use your personally identifiable information to inform you of other products or services available from YCI and its affiliates.
Sharing Information with Third Parties
YCI does not sell, rent or lease its customer lists to third parties.
YCI may share data with trusted partners to help perform statistical analysis, send you email or postal mail, provide customer support, or arrange for deliveries. All such third parties are prohibited from using your personal information except to provide these services to YCI, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
YCI may disclose your personal information, without notice, if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (a) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on YCI or the site; (b) protect and defend the rights or property of YCI; and/or (c) act under exigent circumstances to protect the personal safety of users of YCI, or the public.
Automatically Collected Information
Information about your computer hardware and software may be automatically collected by YCI. This information can include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times and referring website addresses. This information is used for the operation of the service, to maintain quality of the service, and to provide general statistics regarding use of the YCI website.
This website contains links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of any other site that collects personally identifiable information.
Security of your Personal Information
YCI secures your personal information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. YCI uses the following methods for this purpose:
– SSL Protocol
When personal information (such as a credit card number) is transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol.
We strive to take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or alteration of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the Internet which are beyond our control; and (b) security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and us through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
Right to Deletion
Subject to certain exceptions set out below, on receipt of a verifiable request from you, we will:
• Delete your personal information from our records; and
• Direct any service providers to delete your personal information from their records.
Please note that we may not be able to comply with requests to delete your personal information if it is necessary to:
• Complete the transaction for which the personal information was collected, fulfill the terms of a written warranty or product recall conducted in accordance with federal law, provide a good or service requested by you, or reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform a contract between you and us;
• Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity; or prosecute those responsible for that activity;
• Debug to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality;
• Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise his or her right of free speech, or exercise another right provided for by law;
• Comply with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act;
• Engage in public or peer-reviewed scientific, historical, or statistical research in the public interest that adheres to all other applicable ethics and privacy laws, when our deletion of the information is likely to render impossible or seriously impair the achievement of such research, provided we have obtained your informed consent;
• Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with your expectations based on your relationship with us;
• Comply with an existing legal obligation; or
• Otherwise use your personal information, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
Children Under Thirteen
YCI does not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of thirteen. If you are under the age of thirteen, you must ask your parent or guardian for permission to use this website.
From time to time, YCI may contact you via email for the purpose of providing announcements, promotional offers, alerts, confirmations, surveys, and/or other general communication. In order to improve our Services, we may receive a notification when you open an email from YCI or click on a link therein.
If you would like to stop receiving marketing or promotional communications via email from YCI, you may opt out of such communications by clicking on the UNSUBSCRIBE button..
Changes to this Statement
YCI welcomes your questions or comments regarding this Statement of Privacy. If you believe that YCI has not adhered to this Statement, please contact YCI at:
Youth Coaching Institute LLC
20403 Encino Ledge PO Box 592393
San Antonio, Texas 78261
Effective as of January 24, 2022