Terms & Conditions
Coaching Definition: Coaching is partnering with clients in a thought-provoking and creative process that inspires them to maximize their personal and professional potential.
I, the undersigned, do hereby consent and agree to the following as a trainee or graduate of Youth Coaching Institute, LLC (YCI):
- I understand that the coach training course in which I have enrolled is designed to teach trainees about the coaching approach and how to successfully apply the coaching approach.
- I understand that I will be learning about and developing coaching skills under the supervision of a trained and certified coach facilitator.
- I understand coaching is not therapy or consulting. I understand my coach training does not in any way certify me to practice therapy or consulting.
- I understand although coaching may be applied in private practice, it is up to me to determine how I use my new skillset. I understand I am responsible for my own outcomes and success as a coach.
SPECIAL COMMITMENT CLAUSE
- I, the undersigned, do hereby understand that Youth Coaching Institute, LLC exists to bring coaching interventions to underserved populations of at-risk and high-risk youth and young adults.
- I understand that as a YCI trainee and certified coach I agree to coach a minimum of one at-risk or high-risk client at a severe sliding scale or pro-bono rate on a need basis, each year my coach certification is active and in good standing.
- I understand this is my contribution to help YCI fill a mentoring gap through science-based coaching for our underserved populations of at-risk and high-risk youth and young adults.
MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID OR EQUIVELANT
- I understand as a YCI trainee, I am strongly encouraged to take a Mental Health First Aid course (or equivalent if not available in my area).
- I understand the registration fee is non-refundable.
- I understand that I can cancel or withdraw participation at any time prior to class start date for a full refund of paid tuition beyond the non-refundable registration fee.
- I understand that I can cancel within 30 days following class start date for a pro-rated refund of paid tuition beyond the non-refundable registration fee.
- I understand that if I cancel or withdraw from training more than 30 days following class start date that I am not entitled to any refund, as I must cover the cost of the lost seat.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND CLASS RECORDINGS
- I understand that I am not allowed to share the tele-class phone number or pass code with anyone outside of the enrolled and participating class.
- I understand all training calls are recorded and available to enrolled class members only.
- I understand I am not allowed to share such recorded training calls with anyone who is not enrolled and participating in the class.
- I understand all recordings are the intellectual property of YCI.
- I understand that as a trainee in any/all coach training programs with YCI, I will be an active participant in coaching scenarios and an observer of others in similar situations. The objective of this training program is to train individuals in coaching foundations, develop and hone coaching skills, and demonstrate competency for proficient practice.
- I understand that the coaching scenarios to which trainees will be exposed are strictly confidential.
- I understand I must maintain strict confidentiality regarding any coaching taking place during training and practice.
- I understand failure to maintain confidentiality may result in unwarranted and unfair defamation of character of trainees. This could cause irreparable harm to myself and my colleagues; and would seriously impair the effectiveness of this practice-based training program.
- While I am free to discuss in general terms the technical and behavioral skills acquired and maintained during training with YCI, I am required to maintain strict confidentiality regarding the specific scenarios to which I am both directly and indirectly exposed. The development of organic coaching scenarios is extremely sensitive to the openness and cooperation of trainees and any breach of confidentiality by trainees would compromise the effectiveness of this type of training. The bottom line: All that happens in coach training stays in coach training.
- I understand in order to receive full credit for this course I must be present live via conference call for 80% of classes.
- I understand that I am responsible to listen back to the class recording for the missed class and submit a recap summary for make-up credit within two weeks of the absence.
- I understand that missing more than the six allowable absences is an automatic forfeiture of my trainee slot and will result in withdrawal from the current course without refund.
- I understand in the case of documented emergencies resulting in absences beyond my control, a review meeting may be scheduled with the facilitator and/or founder for a discretionary decision regarding training and tuition.
- I understand YCI is under no obligation to refund my tuition beyond 30 days following class start date.
I hereby agree to address any grievance(s) with my facilitator. Should my facilitator be unable to resolve my issue I agree to address my grievance(s) with the Founder, Leah B. Mazzola. Should I believe outside assistant is necessary to resolve my issue, I agree to split the cost of an impartial third party mediator as a last resort.
LIMIT OF LIABILITY
I EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ME FOR:
(A) ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY ME, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY PERSONAL INJURY, EMOTIONAL DISTRESS, LOSS OF GOODWILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS;
(B) SOME JURISDICTIONS AND STATES PRECLUDE LIMIT OF LIABILITY CLAUSES. IN THE EVENT DAMAGES ARE ASSESSED, THE LIMIT OF LIABILITY FOR Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors SHALL NOT EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF THIS CONTRACT – The Documented Amount of My Paid Tuition – TO THE LICENSEE OR THIRD PARTY.
(C) I UNDERSTAND I AM ALWAYS RESPONSIBLE FOR MY OWN ACTIONS. I ASSUME ALL RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ACTION TAKEN IN RELATION TO A COACHING OR TRAINING SESSION AS WELL AS ALL OUTCOMES AND RESULTS.
(D) IN THE EVENT THAT I DIVULGE INFORMATION THAT THE FACILITATOR DETERMINES INDICATES THAT I AM AT RISK TO MYSELF OR OTHERS, I UNDERSTAND THE FACILITATOR IS LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE TO NOTIFY THE APPROPRIATE AUTHORITIES.
THE LIMITATIONS ON Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors IS NEGLIGENT OR HAS BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
ADDITIONAL RELEASE OF LIABILITY
I hereby release Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors of any and all liability associated with coach training, continuing education, promotional activities, or related activities.
- I understand YCI owns commercial intellectual property rights to all training materials produced, developed, and made available to trainees through YCI coach training programs.
- I understand all YCI coach training materials including, but not limited to; PowerPoint presentations, recorded webinars, handouts, etc., made available to me as a trainee of YCI programs, are intended to train me, the registered, agreed trainee in coaching practices only.
- I understand I am not authorized to share these training materials with others outside of my YCI coach training class, nor am I authorized to use YCI coach training materials to train others for my own purposes.
- I understand participation in any of YCI coach training programs or activities may involve audio and/or video recording for promotional, broadcast, or sales purposes. By participating in any of YCI’s coach training programs or other activities, I consent to recording and release, publication, or reproduction of said recordings. I release Youth Coaching Institute, LLC and its officers, employees, and independent contractors from any liability associated with such recording, use, and release of this material. I waive all rights to the material. I also waive any claims for payment in relation to said materials.
- I understand in all cases, utmost care will be taken to protect my confidentiality. My name and contact information are strictly confidential and will not be used in connection with any such materials or recordings.
YCI does not exclude, deny benefits to, or otherwise discriminate against any person on the basis of age, race, creed, color, national origin, sexual orientation, or disability in admission to, participation in, or receipt of the services and benefits under any of its programs and activities, whether carried out by YCI directly or through a contractor or any other entity with which YCI arranges to carry out its programs and activities.
- I understand YCI is dedicated to ensuring credentialed coaches maintain high professional standards. YCI requires certified coaches to complete 30 hours of continuing education in coaching competencies for certification renewal every five years.
- I understand YCI waives the recertification requirement for certified coaches who hold or achieve an ACC, PCC, or MCC credential through the International Coach Federation, or a BCC credential through the Center for Credentialing & Education.
By participating in YCI programs, I acknowledge I have read and understood the above training agreement in its entirety and agree to all terms and conditions as stated. I represent that I am at least 18 years of age and am competent to execute this statement on my own behalf.