Our goal is to build an army of youth life coaches committed to help fill a support gap for struggling young people, one coach at a time. The unique needs of our audience requires developmentally appropriate and research-informed practice. To this end, our training courses integrate relevant psychology theories and evidence-based models adapted for application in a coaching context. Our content is continuously updated to ensure trainees are informed by the most current research in cognitive, developmental, positive, and social psychology.
Our coaches encourage young clients to rise and thrive through self-mastery, self-advocacy, and self-determination. Our coaching interventions are designed to foster resilience, optimism, social/emotional competencies, and problem-solving skills in the youth we serve.
Our coaching interventions emphasize
- self- and others-awareness;
- flexibility, tolerance, and collaborative problem-solving;
- proactive skill building;
- meaning, purpose, and goal-orientation.
Our coach training emphasizes
- research-informed practice,
- trauma-informed practice,
- cultural awareness,
- cultural sensitivity, and
- social responsibility.
We offer the following services:
- Foundational coach specific training and certification including practice and supervision
- ICF Mentor Coaching for ACC applicants
- Coach relevant continuing education
- Peer mentor coach training
Accreditation and Approvals
- Approved Coach Specific Training Hours Provider – International Coach Federation
- Approved Board Certified Coach Training Provider – Center for Credentialing & Education
- Approved Continuing Education Provider for Licensed Professional Counselors, Marriage & Family Therapists, and Social Workers – Texas State Board of Examiners